- Mudasomwa Pico hydro power Plant ; 50KW; on Mudasomwa River located in Nyaruguru District, Ruheru Sector between Remera and Uwumusebeya Cells in South Province.
Kabebe Pico Hydro power plant; 50KW, on Kabebe River located in Nyamagabe District; between Gatare and Nkomane Sectors in South Province.
HOBUKA Ltd has been awarded by Energy 4Impact to do a proposal and Business plan for this project. These Pico-hydropower plants are solutions for the electrification of the concerned area.
Projects Under Joint Venture
- Developing the greenfield GACUMU MHPP – Micro Hydro Power Plant: 399KW; Giheta Cell, Munini Sector, Nyaruguru District in the Southern Province under the joint venture NGUVU Energy Ltd, between HOBUKA Ltd and COCA Ltd
- Developing the greenfield NYIRABUGOYI MHPP: 731KW; Rambya and Kizimyamuriro Cells, Buruhukiro Sector, Nyamagabe District Southern Province by the joint venture NGUVU Energy Ltd
- Developing three greenfield mini-grid solar projects in Nyaruguru district (Nyagisozi and Mata Sectors; Mwoya, Agatovu and Ramba Cells), with a total installed capacity of 112 KW under the joint venture TIGER Power Projects Rwanda Ltd between HOBUKA Ltd and TIGER POWER. These mini-grids will provide electricity to about 800 Households. The intent is to develop up to 200 solar mini-grids in Rwanda.
- Preliminary and comprehensive market study of the captive power potential in Rwanda
- Advisory services on the Rusizi III (145 MW) project with three off-takers from Rwanda, Burundi and DRC.